Was spending time cleaning out the dust above my cupboard today where I display some photo frames and trophies and found myself thinking about dumping the old trophies because they're just gonna get dusty again. Then it dawned on me that at one point in my life I was working hard day in day out to get those trophies, and now, because of dust, I wanted to throw them out.
Many people ask me if I feel upset about the whole Still's disease episode because it seems to have stopped me in my tracks. We young people often think we're invincible and wanna do everything and travel to every country etc. I usually find myself saying that it's not made me upset because life is pretty normal, and in one way or two, I'm thankful that all this happened (not that I'd want it to happen again). But still I find myself recently struggling with thoughts of how this may set me back in my career and often find myself in a dilemma when deciding whether to rest or to 'chiong' work.
How apt a reminder, that my striving and worrying now may reap me a trophy that will not matter or last. The word is in my head, 'my identity does not lie in my work or career'. Now to get it to my heart.
Oh, and if you're wondering, I didn't throw the trophies away. Thought they might come in handy as a reminder again some day :)
No comments:
Post a Comment