So it's been about a month since I've returned back to my normal life. And life really has been pretty normal most days, just with some inconveniences here and there that I'm still taking time to adjust to.
I hate to sound like a whiner, but it's a struggle when you wake up with a different problem everyday. One day you can't use your left hand, and one day your right. I'm also learning to deal with the side effects of steroids and trying to control my hunger pangs :/ And understand that I'm not getting dumber because it's just the drowsy antihistamines that are making my brain work slower.
The toughest thing to adjust to so far though, is really forcing myself to REST. To stop optimising time on my schedule and squeezing things in, to make myself leave outings early and to STOP working overtime. and oh yes... learning not to expand so much energy when I'm with people! (ok this I have tried and seriously cannot do at all, because people energize me! and also because I can't express myself properly if I don't make huge gestures when I speak.) Usually after I leave a group of people I feel like the life has been sucked out of me and I just need to take a nap hah :) But this is going to make it so much easier to achieve my 2013 new year's resolution to stop rushing, walk slower and take time to enjoy.
To be honest, I really don't like dealing with all this (duh). But I am thankful for & and my family who make things so much easier, and for a group of good friends who are praying for me every step of the way. I'm also reminded to 'give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus' (1 Thess 5:18). It is amazing how my face is left almost completely free of scars when other areas on my body are still stained or covered in rashes, how I always get a seat in the bus when my wrists are too painful to hold the bus rails, and how the one time my wrist hurt so bad that I couldn't even type it only happened the day after I submitted something urgent at work :)
Doc says I should be alright after 3 months and onto a 'maintenance' mode. I hope so! and I really hope I get rid of these steroids asap so I can eat raw food and not wear my mask around anymore. Was watching Ah Boys to Men that day and saw this part of the movie:
Then on the bus a few days later I suddenly realised that I was dressed exactly like that! (minus the hoodie) Everyone on the bus must think I'm weird, but at least they'll never recognise me! HEH :D
No comments:
Post a Comment