Friday, January 31, 2014

What if Your blessings come through raindrops?

Happy Horse Year Everybody!

In the midst of all the festivities, I was aptly reminded by a couple of Facebook posts (strangely enough!) to think about the things we wish for/each other during this period.

We pray for blessings
We pray for peace
Comfort for our family, protection while we sleep
We pray for healing, for prosperity
We pray for Your might handy to ease our suffering

Recently I've been praying that last line a lot, asking God to relieve me of my 'suffering'. I know it's nothing compared to what other people around the world go through. But my injection experiences have been getting worse - more pain, more side effects, more nausea. I know part of this is psychological, but I really can't help it. I dread every Tuesday that I have to jab myself, and after I'm done I lie in bed in pain (the medication stings after) and yearn for the day I get my new body in heaven. (Typing all this out right now is already making me nauseated :/)

Hearing this song again last night, it spoke miles to me. While I wish that all of this could be taken away from me right now, I know the pain reminds me that this is not my home, and helps me cling to Jesus. Through all this I  can do my best to associate myself with Christ's sufferings and to have faith that the day will come when there will be no pain, no suffering for those who hang on.

I still feel like throwing up, and I still fear that Tuesday is coming soon, but I will hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for He who promised is faithful (Heb 10:23).

If you're going through something tough right now, I hope this encourages you :)

I also did a cover of the song.. just because :) Pardon all the coughs, I had too many new year goodies :/
Here's the original: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQan9L3yXjc I really love it!




No comments:

Post a Comment